EICS 2023 is the fifteenth international conference devoted to engineering usable and effective interactive computing systems.
Work presented at EICS covers the full range of aspects that come into play when "engineering" interactive systems, such as innovations in the design, development, deployment, verification and validation of interactive systems. Topics of interest include the design and development of systems incorporating new interaction techniques and multimodal interaction, multi-user, multi-device/screen, multi-environment interaction, mobile and pervasive systems, large-scale and big data applications, deployment of interactive systems, as well as novel development methods and processes for improving the development of interactive systems.
The EICS series focuses on models, languages, notations, methods, techniques and tools that support designing and developing interactive systems. The Conference brings together people who study or practice the engineering of interactive systems, drawing from HCI, Software Engineering, Requirements Engineering, Conceptual Modelling, CSCW, Ubiquitous / Pervasive Systems
The conference proceedings are published by the ACM and appear in the ACM Digital Library. The full paper are published in the journal PACM EICS series. Further information at https://eics.acm.org/pacm/.
Submissions and topics
Submissions can be done through http://new.precisionconference.com
More information about the new PACM-HCI (EICS series) review and publication process can be found at http://eics.acm.org/pacm.
EICS 2022 focuses on models, languages, notations, methods,
techniques and tools that support designing and developing
interactive systems. The Conference brings together people who study
or practice the engineering of interactive systems, drawing from
HCI, Software Engineering, Requirements Engineering, Conceptual
Modelling, CSCW, Ubiquitous / Pervasive Systems. Submissions are
invited that advance the state of the art of the engineering of
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Modelling and analysis of interaction and interactive systems
- Processes for engineering interactive systems (e.g., design, implementation, prototyping, evaluation, verification and validation, testing)
- Integrating interaction design into the software development process
- Requirements engineering for interactive systems
- Specification of interactive systems (methods, principles and tools)
- Software architectures for interactive systems
- Frameworks, toolkits, and APIs for interactive systems (e.g., API usability, interaction-driven API design)
- Domain-specific languages for interactive systems
- Formal methods within interactive systems engineering
- Modelling and analysis of users’ activities
- Engineering innovative interactive applications (e.g., adaptive, tangible, touch and multitouch input, voice, gesture, EEG, multimodal input, mobile and wearable systems)
- Engineering hardware/software integration in interactive systems (e.g., fabrication and maker processes, physical computing, etc.)
- Engineering user experience (e.g., fun, affective)
- Engineering complex interactive systems (e.g., large datasets, large communities, enterprise systems, collaborative systems)
- Engineering interactive systems for various user categories (e.g., children, elderly, people with disabilities)
- Certification issues of interactive systems
- New datasets and evaluation data relevant for engineering interactive systems
The reviewing process for full papers follows the Proceedings of the ACM (PACM) model. The submission and review process will take place three times annually, and accepted papers will be published in issues of the PACM on Human-Computer Interaction journal. More can be found at http://eics.acm.org/pacm.
Submissions can be done through https://new.precisionconference.com
Note: submission to earlier deadlines allows time for revision cycles before the conference.
EICS PACM 2023 Round 1
22/07/2022 - Submission deadline
EICS PACM 2023 Round 2
TBC Oct 2022 - Submission deadline
EICS PACM 2023 Round 3
TBC Feb 2023 - Submission deadline
Full papers chairs
Kris Luyten, email@example.com
Carmen Santoro, firstname.lastname@example.org