Welcome the 13th Engineering Interactive Computing Systems (EICS) conference.
EICS 2021 is the thirteen international conference devoted to engineering usable and effective interactive computing systems. Work presented at EICS covers the full range of aspects that come into play when "engineering" interactive systems, such as innovations in the design, development, deployment, verification and validation of interactive systems.
The conference focuses on models, languages, notations, methods, techniques and tools that support designing and developing interactive systems. The Conference brings together people who study or practice the engineering of interactive systems, drawing from HCI, Software Engineering, Requirements Engineering, Conceptual Modelling, CSCW, Ubiquitous / Pervasive Systems.
The conference proceedings are published by the ACM and appear in the ACM Digital Library.
2021 Theme - Designing and Engineering for Transitions
Current technological trends like the IoT, big data, and artificial intelligence, are often seen as enablers and accelerators for transitions that individuals and society as a whole need to make, in order to address challenges in areas such as healthcare, mobility, and the environment. Designing and developing related solutions necessitate a close interplay of engineering and design. Advances in this field thus require a balanced consideration of corresponding research perspectives. The need emerges for tools, processes, methods, and guidelines for designing and engineering interactive systems that will support weaving computing, intelligence, and interactivity to everyday things, that will enable designers to effectively and efficiently deploy prototypes in realistic contexts and scale and to learn from actual use.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Modelling and analysis of interaction and interactive systems
- Processes for engineering interactive systems (e.g., design, implementation, prototyping, evaluation, verification and validation, testing)
- Integrating interaction design into the software development process
- Requirements engineering for interactive systems
- Specification of interactive systems (methods, principles and tools)
- Software architectures for interactive systems
- Frameworks, toolkits, and APIs for interactive systems (e.g., API usability, interaction-driven API design)
- Domain-specific languages for interactive systems
- Formal methods within interactive systems engineering
- Modelling and analysis of users’ activities
- Engineering innovative interactive applications (e.g., adaptive, tangible, touch and multitouch input, voice, gesture, EEG, multimodal input, mobile and wearable systems)
- Engineering hardware/software integration in interactive systems (e.g., fabrication and maker processes, physical computing, etc.)
- Engineering user experience (e.g., fun, affective)
- Engineering complex interactive systems (e.g., large datasets, large communities, enterprise systems, collaborative systems)
- Engineering interactive systems for various user categories (e.g., children, elderly, people with disabilities)
- Certification issues of interactive systems
- New datasets and evaluation data relevant for engineering interactive systems
Submissions can be done through http://new.precisionconference.com
More information about the new PACM-HCI (EICS series) review and publication process can be found at http://eics.acm.org/pacm.
PACM HCI, by virtue of being an ACM Journal, is not yet moving to the ACM TAPS system. As such, PACM HCI submissions need to use the older, interim
acmsmall journal template, check the Full Papers page.
Important Dates - EICS PACM 2021 Round 3
19/02/2021 - Submission deadline
- 16/04/2021 - Notifications of reviews
Important Dates - EICS PACM 2021 Round 2
23/10/2020 - Submission deadline 15/01/2021 - Camera ready
Important Dates - EICS PACM 2021 Round 1
23/07/2020 - Submission deadline 07/09/2020 - Notifications of reviews 02/10/2020 - Camera ready
Check Submissions for more details.