Valencia is a city with a large number of hotels. Next we recommend some of them due to their proximity to the conference. Note that reservations are done directly with each hotel independently of the conference.Students’ residence:
EICS 2019 is held at the third floor (terrace) of the Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación (CPI) at the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV). To access the conference area you must go to the entrance labeled with “J” and get the elevator (or the stairs) to the third floor (terrace). From there the main reception desk is located in the Hall N of the Blue Cube. The conference is located in the auditorium of this Blue Cube.
Workshops, Doctoral Consortium and the tutorial are located in the Red Cube (J). Once you enter in the Red Cube you have to go upstairs one floor to access the rooms of the conference. This is the map of the rooms:
HOW TO REACH THE CONFERENCE BUILDING:
You can choose several options to arrive to the conference building. By taxi from any city area: 8 Euros (approx.). Specify as destination: Street “Ingeniero Fausto Elio”, “Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación (CPI)”. By bike: There is a service to use public bikes throughout the whole city. This service is called Valenbisi. By car: Street “Ingeniero Fausto Elio”.
FROM ANY PART OF THE CITY…
- By taxi: 6-10 Euros (approx.). Specify as destination: Street “Ingeniero Fausto Elio”, “Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación (CPI)”.
- By bike: The city is equipped with an extensive network or bike lanes. There is a big number of shops where you can rent a bike and there is also a service to use public bikes throughout the whole city. This service is called Valenbisi and offers a week pass for 13,30 Euros.
- By car: Street “Ingeniero Fausto Elio”.
- By underground-tramway: The city center is served by two main underground stations (“Xàtiva” and “Colón”) and one tram station (“Pont de Fusta”). The venue is located next to the “Serreria” tram station, reachable through tram lines 4 and 6.
- From “Pont de Fusta”,
- take tram line 4 with destination to “Dr. Lluch” or “Serreria”
- stop in “Serreria (a trip of 10 minutes aprox.)
- From “Xàtiva” or “Colón” (the two main underground stations in the city center area) stop in “Serreria”,
- take underground lines 3 or 9 with destination to “Alboraia-Peris Aragó” or “Rafelbunyol”.
- in the “Benimaclet” station, take either tram line 4 with direction to “Dr. Lluch” or “Serreria” or tram line 6 with direction to “Marítim-Serreria” or “Serreria”.
- By bus: The venue can be reached by line 29 and 41 (stops “Tarongers – Aparcament” and “Tarongers-Fausto Elio”) and 1 (stops “Lluís Peixò-Compte Melito” and “Lluís Peixò-Tarongers”). If you don’t have a “bonobús” (cheaper 10 trips reusable cards sold at “Tabacos” or “Newsstands” stores), individual tickets can be bought on the bus to the driver and cost 1,5 Euros. However, underground is usually a faster way to reach the venue.
Please note that the tram and underground are part or the same network, so a new ticket will not be needed. The tram should be left at “Serreria” and the full trip should take about 20 minutes. In order to use undergound/tram, you can buy tickets at the stations. The first time you buy a trip, the machine gives you a cardboard ticket. Each cardboard ticket costs 1€. Once you finish the trip, you can recharge the ticket in any station machine as many times as you need. It is possible to change the type of the ticket. If you buy a ticket for a one-way trip, you can reuse the ticket again charged as any other kind of ticket. There are several kind of tickets avalaible. However, if you plan to take the underground/tram regularly, we would recommend you to buy a TuiN type card. It costs 10 Euro. Any time you use it you are charged an amount between 0,80 and 2 Euros from these 10 Euros, allowing you to travel across all the net (including the airport) with a cheaper fare. Before taking the tram you must validate your ticket in the machine you can find at the tram station.