Call for Workshop Proposals
The Workshops Track of EICS offers the opportunity to organize specialized forums alongside the main conference and attract the attention of participants to emerging and trendy topics of research related to the engineering of interactive computing systems.
In addition to traditional workshops with paper presentations, we welcome innovative workshop formats including design and experience workshops (where participants design and/or evaluate artifacts), interactive sessions based on collaborative work, etc. Workshops durations can be suggested by the organizers (half-day or full-day).
EICS 2022 focuses on models, languages, notations, methods, techniques and tools that support designing and developing interactive systems. The Conference brings together people who study or practice the engineering of interactive systems, drawing from HCI, Software Engineering, Requirements Engineering, Conceptual Modelling, CSCW, Ubiquitous / Pervasive Systems
Workshop proposals should be no longer than 5 pages (new ACM Master template, use the manuscript option) and must include a description of:
- Background: The workshop aims and goals
- The target audience
- Organizers: The organizers’ short bio, including the main contact person
- Pre-Workshop Plans: State your plans for recruiting and community-building (e.g. through a website or other communication with participants).
- Workshop Structure: Explain in detail the workshop structure & format, including activities, timing, and resources. Address how to run the workshop online and how to keep the audience engaged during the envisioned duration of your workshop.
- Any operational requirements
- The advertising plan, including details of the planned website
- Post-Workshop Plans: The workshop output
dissemination plan (e.g., publication of proceedings, organization
of journal special issue, video report, blog, etc.). We suggest
organizers to consider submitting the outcome of their workshops
for publication to Springer HCIS (https://www.springer.com/
series/6033), either as a full volume or or as a brief. Other means like CEUR workshop proceedings, Open Science Framework (OSF - www.osf.io), etc. are also suitable venues.
Workshop organizers will get the opportunity to present the work they cover and the results of their workshop as posters at the main EICS 2021 conference to maximize their impact (meaning workshop participants have the possibility to create a poster and present it as part of the main conference). Notice that workshop proposals are juried. Criteria selection include the relevance of the workshop topics and goals, scientific background and experience of the workshop’s organizers in organizing events, advertising and dissemination plan.
Examples of workshops run at previous EICS can be found at:
- To participate in a workshop, attendees need to register for the main conference.
- Workshops with 5 or less attendees will be canceled.
- The organization offers one free registration to the workshops day for one workshop organizer every group of 8 attendees registered.
- The organization offers one free registration for the workshops day + the main conference to one workshop organizer every group of 12 attendees registered.
- 04/02/2022 - Submission of workshop proposals
- 08/04/2022 - Notification of accepted workshops
- 29/04/2022 - Camera-ready deadline for workshop description
- 08/04/2022 - Paper submission deadline for position papers for a workshop
- 29/04/2022 - Camera-ready deadline for each workshop
- 21/06/2026 - Workshop day