Call for Workshop Proposals
The Workshops Track of EICS 2020 offers the opportunity to organize specialized forums alongside the EICS 2020 main conference and attract the attention of participants to emerging and trendy topics of research related to the engineering of interactive computing systems.
In addition to traditional workshops with paper presentations, we welcome innovative workshop formats including design and experience workshops (where participants design and/or evaluate artifacts), interactive sessions based on collaborative work, etc. Workshops can be half-day or full-day.
EICS 2020 focuses on models, languages, notations, methods, techniques and tools that support designing and developing interactive systems. The Conference brings together people who study or practice the engineering of interactive systems, drawing from HCI, Software Engineering, Requirements Engineering, Conceptual Modelling, CSCW, Ubiquitous / Pervasive Systems
Workshop proposals should be no longer than 2 pages (two-column ACM SIGCHI format) and must include a description of:
- The workshop aims and goals
- The format of the workshop and duration
- The target audience
- The organizers’ short bio
- Any operational requirements
- The advertising plan
- The workshop output dissemination plan (e.g., publication of proceedings, organization of journal special issue, video report, blog, etc.). We suggest organizers to consider submitting the outcome of their workshops for publication to Springer HCIS (https://www.springer.com/series/6033), either as a full volume or or as a brief. Other means like CEUR workshop proceedings, Open Science Framework (OSF - www.osf.io), etc. are also suitable venues.
Workshop organizers will get the opportunity to present the work they cover and the results of their workshop as posters at the main EICS 2020 conference to maximize their impact (meaning workshop participants have the possibility to create a poster and present it as part of the main conference). Notice that workshop proposals are juried. Criteria selection include the relevance of the workshop topics and goals, scientific background and experience of the workshop’s organizers in organizing events, advertising and dissemination plan.
Examples of workshops run at previous EICS can be found at:
Please submit your proposals by registering in the Precision Conference System (PCS) at https://new.precisionconference.com and then doing your submission by selecting “SIGCHI” as Society, “EICS 2020” as Conference, and “EICS 2020 Workshop” as Track in the associated drop-down lists.
- Conference dates: June 23-26, 2020
- Submission: January 20th, 2020 -> February 3rd 2020 (new date)
- Reviewing: February 3rd 2020 -> February 14th 2020 (new date)
- Damiano Distante (University of Rome Unitelma Sapienza, Italy)
- Steve Reeves (University of Waikato, New Zealand)
- Workshops with 5 or less attendees will be cancelled.
- The organization offers one free registration to the workshops day for one workshop organizer every group of 8 attendees registered.
- The organization offers one free registration for the workshops day + the main conference to one workshop organizer every group of 12 attendees registered.